Tenerife has more than 40 different launch sites for paragliders from all over Europe to enjoy.
The great variety of flying areas located near one another plus an exceptional climate that allows flying almost every day of the year are the two great attractions of paragliding in Tenerife. This sport is very popular on the island and there are many clubs that offer courses, advice (essential to get to know the wind patterns for safe flying) and the chance of flying tandem (a good way to get started).
Best flying routes:
- From Izaña, in the Teide National Park, to Puerto de la Cruz (30 minutes).
- From Izaña, in the Teide National Park, to the Port of Güimar (13 kilometres).
- From El Sauzal to Mesa de Mar, in Tacoronte (Cross-country flight).
- From Icod el Alto to the Socorro Beach, in Los Realejos (Cross-country flight).
- From Taucho to Adeje (Thermal flying).
- From Jama – Valle de San Lorenzo, in Arona (Thermal-hillside flight).